Perth celebrates “Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea”
The Pilbara Service Centre crew arranged a successful event to support “Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea” held on Friday 16th June. Everyone knows someone affected by cancer, statistics show that there are more than 1.1 million Australians who are either living with cancer or who have survived a diagnosis. The Cancer Council is Australia’s leading charity, uniting the community, creating hope and providing support. The funds raised from this event helps Cancer Council save lives through the prevention, early detection, and treatment of cancer.
Well, what an event! It started off small and ended up with enough food to feed an army. The Balcatta Office displayed an amazing “family spirit” and the morning tea was a huge success. Best of all we raised an amazing $574.50 towards a very worthy cause.
A BIG EXTRA THANKS TO THOSE WHO DONATED THIS AMAZING FOOD
- Kuditj – c/o Celia Maiho (muffins, scones, cheesecakes)
- Craigie Bakery – Jam Donuts
- Red Rooster-WARWICK branch- 10 hot chickens
- Naf Davies & Gayle Etches (Pilbara Service Centre) – organisers of the event
- Amanda Pickering – assortment of pastries from a Food Platform supplier
- Gayle Etches (Pilbara Service Centre) – large platter of savoury wraps
- Jayne King (Pilbara Service Centre) – large platter of savoury wraps
- Melanie Haskell (Pilbara Service Centre) – Jam Donuts
- Crystal Richardson (Pilbara Service Centre) – amazing cupcakes
- Liz Dwyer (Pilbara Service Centre) – amazing cupcakes & savoury muffins
- Shannon Carter (Pilbara Service Centre) – sausage rolls & pies
- Kirsty Black (Pilbara Service Centre) –large Sodexo morning tea labelled cake
- Andy (George) Gearey (Pilbara Service Centre) – savoury muffins & pies
- Rosalyn Jones (Pilbara Service Centre) – Corn Chips, chips & Salsa
- Vanessa Moopanar (IS & T Project Manager) – Banana & Walnut bread
- Yuliya Novik Accts Rec Supervisor– Caramel Slice (home-made)
- Pamela Inglis (Contracts specialist) – cake
- Melissa Hartzer– Our Housekeeping Angel who set up, cleaned up & helped on the day.
– John Paul Bean, Perth Support Centre Office Manager