ESSO award for Work Force Engagement & Consultation
Pictured above: Colin Abernathy, Susan Thangaiah and Laura Breaux being presented with the award from Andre Kostelnik, ExxonMobil Australia Operations Manager.
The Sodexo Sale team recently attended the Annual ESSO Contractors Safety Contractor forum. Sodexo were represented by Colin Abernethy, Susan Thangaiah, Laura Breaux and Ben Thomas and were delighted to be recognised for achievements and ongoing commitment to safety excellence, receiving the ESSO award for Work Force Engagement & Consultation.
ESSO highlighted areas that differentiated Sodexo as:
- Encouraging teams to discuss and raise safety concerns as an important part of improving safety behaviours and making their working environments safer.
- Focus on “safety conversations”
- Greater involvement of HSRs in safety recognition process.
- Introduction of 6 weekly consultation meetings with the work group representatives.
- Sodexo Operating System – web based site containing health and safety information and company communications.
- HSR and workforce engagement in trials – including new tools and PPE
Sodexo shares in ESSO’s safety commitment as a business imperative.
Though we have had many safety accomplishments, we continually seek opportunities for improvement in meeting our goal of Zero Harm.